Tuesday, June 07, 2005

we were meant to be

you are taken and i'm mistaken again
it's just like it began
i should've known that you'd make it known by then
making it known that you weren't for me

that's the way it seems to be
but my heart wants to disagree

disagree with how you're leaving me
leaving me to be alone lonely
leaving me lonely

it sure would be nice to finally realise that love
isn't something only dreamed of
weak in intent my dreaming just isn't enough
enough to ensure you'd be there for me

but that's the way i'd love it to be
free to be in love's guarantee

guarantee that you'd be loving me
loving me instead of somebody
somebody other than me

you are for me 'cause i can only make do
when i think of you
why can't you adore me just once more please can you
because then i could be there for you

like we know you wanted me to
that way you and i could be new

new to love a love long overdue
overdue since our days at u
when i should have loved you

you're for me
i'd have sworn that it was destiny
with all these years of me knowing
you were always the best part of me
always the best part of all my dreams
and though that isn't my current reality
i know it should be
i hope you know our love should be
you know our love should be
here's my plea
my plea to make my heart happy
my plea to make sure that we
can be the best that we can be
that's the way it was meant to be
we were meant to be
you and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Meet Singles